In support of students in French classes
In support of our students in French Immersion, Core French and Extended French, the following two websites can be shared with parents/guardians/ students through newsletters and school websites in support of FSL.
FSL Homework Toolbox/ Trousse pour devoirs
Voilà Learning Homework Help-Online Homework Help In French
Interested in learning about the benefits of international education?
Come to the International Education Fair! Click here to see additional details.
Exams begin Monday January 27th. Good luck everyone!
- Dec 20. 2013 – PA Day
- Dec 23, 2013- Jan 3, 2014 – Holiday Break
- January 27, 2014 – January 31, 2014 – Exams
- February 3, 2014 – First day Semester 2
- March 7, 2014 – PA Day
- March 10, 2014 – March 14, 2014 – March Break
- March 27, 2014 – Literacy Test
- June 18, 2014 – June 24, 2014 – June Exams
- June 27, 2014 – Commencement
Student Accident Insurance
Creating a caring and safe environment for our students is our top priority. Unfortunately, despite all reasonable precautions being taken, accidents can still happen. Some injuries may result in medical, dental or other expenses that are not covered by provincial health care or employer group plans. As a parent/guardian, you become responsible for these expenses.
Student accident insurance is available for purchase, on a voluntary basis, through Reliable Life Insurance Company. Forms can either be picked up from the school office or downloaded at www.binks.ca, or you may apply online at www.insuremykids.com.
The OCDSB encourages all parents/guardians to consider purchasing this insurance. If your child is involved in school related sports activities or is participating in any field trips out of the province you may wish to seriously consider the coverage options, which range from $13.00/year to $31.00/year. This coverage is for the entire calendar year and also applies outside of school hours. If you have any questions, please call Binks Insurance Brokers directly at 613-226-1350.
Letters to Students
If currently not enrolled at WCSS, please call West Carleton S.S. @ 613-832-2773 to make an appointment to register for September 2013.
Documents required for registration include:
- Birth Certificate/Passport/PR Card
- Immunization Documents if you are coming from outside the City of Ottawa
- Ontario Health Card Number
- Proof of Residence (two of lease, signed offer of purchase,utility bill, ass’t notice, property tax, driver’s license)